The Bluewater Recycling Association respects the personal information of its customers, employees and other individuals and is committed to its protection.
This Commitment Statement explains the type of personal information we collect about individuals and how we handle that information. We encourage you to review this Commitment Statement.
In Canada, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is federal legislation that establishes certain expectations for an organization's personal information handling practices. It addresses the practices of collecting, using, disclosing, protecting and providing access to an individual's personal information. Our commitment is based on the principles of personal information handling contained in PIPEDA.
Our Privacy Officer oversees this commitment and is accountable for the Bluewater Recycling Association's personal information handling practices. Responsibility for the day to day handling of personal information in accordance with this commitment will be shared by all Bluewater Recycling Association employees at all levels of the organization.
The Bluewater Recycling Association's personal information handling practices are guided by the following 10 Principles.
Principle 1: Identify the Purposes for Collection
The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified at or before the time the information is collected.
Principle 2: Limit the Collection
The collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
Principle 3: Obtain Consent
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
Principle 4: Limit Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required or permitted by law. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
Principle 5: Ensure Accuracy
Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
Principle 6: Use Appropriate Safeguards
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Principle 7: Provide Access
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
Principle 8: Challenging Compliance
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning the Bluewater Recycling Association's compliance with these 10 principles to the individual or individuals designated under Principle 9.
Principle 9: Be Accountable
The Bluewater Recycling Association is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for its compliance with these 10 principles.
Principle 10: Be Open about Our Personal Information Handling Policies and Practices
The Bluewater Recycling Association will make readily available to individuals specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that can identify you. It can include your name, home address and telephone number, e-mail address, payment records, credit information, and information about your preferences for products and services.
Why does the Bluewater Recycling Association collect personal information?
We collect personal information that we need to:
- establish and maintain our relationship with our customers,
- understand, analyze and evaluate our customers' needs and eligibility for our products and services,
- provide our products and services to our customers,
- maintain the safety of our operations and facilities, and
- comply with applicable laws.
We need your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information.
What personal information does the Bluewater Recycling Association collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Information about your identity , including your name, home address and phone numbers, birth date, e-mail address, and other identifying information.
- Information we receive from you, including details of your employment history, on applications.
- Information about your interactions with us , such as a purchase of a product or service.
- Credit and financial information about a customer seeking credit from us, including payment history, and, if applicable, creditworthiness. This information may come from other companies (including financial institutions) and from references that our customer provides to us.
- Information to communicate effectively with our customers in connection with a health, safety or environmental matter.
Does the Bluewater Recycling Association disclose personal information to third parties?
Yes, we may disclose personal information to:
- Regulatory authorities or medical providers in accordance with our policies and applicable laws in connection with a health, safety or environmental matter.
- Non-affiliated parties, including delivery, printing and mailing companies, and credit reporting agencies, to fulfill orders or deliveries, provide marketing assistance, process credit applications, and provide other services for us.
- We may also be required to disclose personal information to legal authorities to comply with applicable laws. In such a case we will disclose personal information only to the extent that we are completed to do so.
How does the Bluewater Recycling Association protect personal information?
The Bluewater Recycling Association is dedicated to safeguarding personal information while it is in our custody.
- We have security standards in place to protect personal information from misuse and unauthorized access.
- We communicate with our employees and third parties about the importance of handling personal information in accordance with our standards and applicable laws.
- We store personal information with appropriate safeguards such as locked files or secure computers that are password protected.
- We hold personal information only for as long as we need it for the intended purpose and as required by our policies or applicable laws.
Does the Bluewater Recycling Association need my consent?
Yes . We need your consent to collect, use, and disclose your personal information. If you have already provided us with personal information, we would like to continue to use and disclose it for the purposes for which it was collected.
If you do not contact us we will assume that we may continue to do this in accordance with the standards described in this Commitment Statement.
Do I have a choice?
Yes. You may refuse to provide your consent or you may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. We will respect your choice, but in certain circumstances this may limit our ability to maintain our existing relationship with you.You may also ask us about your personal information and notify us of any corrections that may be necessary.
How can I contact The Bluewater Recycling Association?
If you would like more information about the way that the Bluewater Recycling Association handles your personal information, you may contact our Privacy Officer.
Bluewater Recycling Association
415 Canada Avenue, Huron Park, Ontario N0M 1Y0
Email: Click Here To E-mail Us
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm